Punches are great for parties. I love to serve punch because my guests are always curious to try it and they get a cocktail in their hands quickly when they arrive with little fuss.
Punch is a real crowd-pleaser and it’s generally pleasing to your pocketbook as well because the recipes don’t generally call for “top shelf” ingredients. An added bonus is that you’ll have plenty of good stuff to serve your guests without having to have a shaker on hand the entire time.
This Halloween, give my Spooky Jack punch a try. It’s got all of the right flavors and spirits for the season. Your ghosts and ghouls will love it. And I’ll be serving it to all of the witches and wizards at my annual Halloween party, too.
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, or more to taste
- 1 cup bourbon
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 bottles sparkling wine, chilled
- Thinly slice the orange lengthwise, place in a large bowl. Add the honey, brown sugar, bourbon, apple cider and pumpkin pie spice, stirring gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Top with chilled sparkling wine and serve.
- To keep your punch chilled freeze rubber gloves with more apple cider, that way it won't dilute the punch and you will have creepy fingers floating in the punch bowl! How Spooky is that?