When the New Year rings in, I always get a spark of hope that spring and summer are right around the corner. I know we still have months of rain and quite possibly snow on the horizon, but the knowledge that sunny days will be coming keeps me going.
This year, I thought we should have a cocktail that takes the flavors of summer with a New Year’s twist. My New Years Ringer cocktail is the perfect drink for waving good bye to 2014 and saying hello to 2015. Happy New Year. May 2015 be everything you make it!
- 1 ounce gin
- ½ ounce cranberry juice
- 1 ounce ruby red grapefruit juice
- ½ ounce of St. Germain liqueur
- Sparkling wine to top off
- Shake gin, cranberry juice, grapefruit juice and St. Germain with ice in a martini shaker.
- Strain into a martini glass and top with the sparkling wine.
- Enjoy. Happy New Year!
- This could easily be made into a punch just change ounces to cups and fill a punch bowl!