Today is World Chocolate Day, and what better way to celebrate than with a yummy decadent chocolate brownie cookie. While we are at why not go a step further and take two of them and make them into ice cream sandwiches!
These cookies are super simple and I always seem to have the basic ingredients in my pantry.
Write a review
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ounces each of semi sweet and bitter chocolate
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 3/4 package milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift together flour thru soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a double boiler, melt butter and semi sweet and bitter chocolate, set aside and let cool.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat sugar, eggs and flavorings together with a paddle. Add in melted chocolate mixture. Mix until fully combined together and then lower speed and gradually add in flour mixture. Once combined remove bowl from mixer and fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop drop scoops on to a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in oven for 21 minutes, for a nice firm but gooey texture. Let cookies cool on sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.
For Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Take cooled cookies and sandwich them with a scoop of ice cream, flavor of your choice. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze, remove from freezer a few minutes before serving.
Shaun Myrick https://www.shaunmyrick.com/
Leave a Reply