How can you go wrong with combing the flavors of Pumpkin Spice and Bourbon, you can’t! I just made this new Manhattan recipe which will be your go to cocktail this Autumn. Make a big batch of the Pumpkin Spice Syrup and you will be able to enjoy this cocktail with your friends this weekend.
Kevin doesn’t enjoy Bourbon but I think even he will love this cocktail, it’s sweet, spicy and delicious!
The little decorative pumpkin in the photo is just one of many I grew this year. These are probably the easiest pumpkins to grow. If you have room for a pumpkin patch I would highly recommend next year to grow your own little pumpkins, I probably have well over 20 to harvest!
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1/2 ounce pumpkin spice syrup
- orange wedge for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and over medium low heat whisk until sugar and pumpkin are dissolved. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Pour thru a strainer (I lined the strainer in cheesecloth to make for a thinner syrup). You can keep this syrup in the fridge for a few weeks.
- In a shaker filled with ice combine ingredients and shake until chilled. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with optional orange wedge (I love to combine Orange with Pumpkin, sadly I was out of Oranges when I made the cocktail for the photos).