You don’t have to buy crackers at the store. These craft Manchego Crackers are perfect with all sorts of things, including cheeses, olives and tapenade (missing from crostini in above photo). Easy to make and delicious, give these a try next time you need an appetizer cracker.
Enjoy with a glass of Gun Bun Tempranillo. The Tempranillo from Gun bun pairs perfectly with these crackers, Tempranillo is a Spanish grape and Manchego is a Spanish cheese, it’s always great to pair things from the same cultures/regions.
- 1 stick softened butter
- ½ cup Manchego cheese (pulse in food processor to crumble)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ½ can of black olives (pulse in food processor to chop fine), Optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- In the bowl of a mixer with a paddle cream the butter and then add the manchego, rosemary, olives and seasonings. Once combined add in the flour and mix till fully incorporated, drizzle a little water if to dry. Dump mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log. Chill for a few hours or best overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the log into 3/8 inch slices and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then flip each cracker, bake another 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cool.