Thanksgiving is all about the traditional meal, but I love to add new and fresh flavors each year. I find it so fun to take a classic recipe and update with modern flavors or techniques. Having the same old menu year after year can be tiresome, but adding one or two new dishes into the mix can be the spice of the holiday.
As you probably know I’m writing a cookbook about pairing food with Rosé wine. There will be a whole chapter devoted to rosé and Thanksgiving. Rosé is the perfect wine for the holiday if you ask me. Also it’s a great way to use up that stock of rosé you didn’t finish on the patio this summer.
One of the recipes that will be in the book is my Rosé Cranberry Sauce. Not only does it pair with rosé it also uses rosé in the sauce. Give it a try this Thanksgiving and let me know what you think. Make it a day or two prior that way it will be done and ready and the flavors can really develop.
- 1 1/2 cups Rosé
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 red pear
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 orange zested
- In a medium saucepan, boil the Rosé and sugar together until sugar has dissolved.
- Dice the pears and add them to the sugar, gently boil 3 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and lower to a simmer for 15 minutes or until the berries have popped.
- Add the orange juice and with an immersion blender, pulse until you have pureed ½ the mixture, you want some chunks still.
- Stir in the orange zest and pomegranate seeds.
- Chill completely and let rest for at least 3 hours to allow the flavors to come together.
View this post on Instagram
Less than a week until the big feast! 🦃 . . Thanksgiving is the perfect time to pull out some of that leftover summer Rosé! Rosé pairs perfectly with so many of the dishes on your Thanksgiving table. . . I love Rosé and cranberries so much that I put them together in my new Rosé Cranberry Sauce! . . Make ahead and the flavors get better and leftovers are heavenly over vanilla ice cream! . . Recipe will be live on the blog this afternoon! . . . . . #thanksgiving #thanksgiving🦃 #thanksgivingdinner #cranberries #cranberrysauce #rosé #roséallyear #roséallday #pink #easyrecipes #recipeoftheday #vegan #vegetarian #holidays #holidayseason #foodporn #foodblogger #wineblogger #fridaymood