In season vegetables and fruit is the theme of the week. Have you noticed how amazing peaches are right now? There is no better seasonal fruit. I really appreciate the sweet and delicious flavor you get when you bite into a good, fresh peach. Since it’s cocktail Wednesday, I thought, why not grab some of these fresh delicious peaches and make a classic Italian Bellini? I mean, how can you go wrong with fresh peach puree and sparkling wine?
I like to add a kick by adding vodka to the cocktail. The best part about this recipe is you can freeze the peach puree in ice cube trays and save for more cocktails later!
- 2 peaches, you can use more and save the puree.
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of sugar, if the peaches are tart
- 2 ounces peach puree
- 1 ounce vodka
- good sparkling wine
- wedges of peach
- Peel the peaches by slicing an X in the bottom and dunking them into boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove and place in an ice bath — the peel will come off freely. Pit the peaches and dice.
- Place the peaches and lemon zest in a blender and pulse till you have a nice puree. If you don’t use all the puree, you can pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen, pop them out and put them in an airtight plastic bag and keep in freezer till later use.
- In a champagne flute, add the peach puree and vodka, top with the sparkling wine and garnish with peach wedge.