Glazed Portobello Mushrooms
Portobello mushrooms are a great main course for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Here I glaze them with a sweet mustard glaze that is typically used for an Easter ham. This recipe makes enough for two, and it can be easily doubled.
Write a review
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- Start by removing the stem and gills of the mushroom. The easiest way to clean out the gills is to gently scrape with a spoon till they are all removed.
- Mix remaining ingredients together to make a glaze.
- Spoon glaze into the mushrooms and spread over the top. Let the mushrooms marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or longer.
- Heat grill to medium. Remove the mushrooms from the glaze and allow the excess glaze mixture to drip off. Place mushrooms on grill, top side down. Grill for 8 minutes and then flip and grill another 2-4 minutes until tender.
- Remove from grill and serve with a drizzle of the remaining glaze.
Shaun Myrick https://www.shaunmyrick.com/