I never ask Kevin what he wants for dinner, I just plan what we eat. If the rare occasion comes that I do ask him, his response is always Sweet Potato Tacos. I like sweet potatoes but I don’t love them. When you roast them and add lemon and honey, how can you go wrong? The sweet, soft texture of the potato is perfect in a tortilla with guacamole and salsa.
This taco filling is full of flavor and doesn’t have a lot of heat. Of course, you can spice them up if you want (or your guests can if you have a few salsas with different heat quotients), but I find the mellow flavors are refreshing and really fit the bill when you’re putting together a taco bar or a quick and easy dinner.
- 2 pounds white flesh sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ cup honey
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and then chop into 1-2 inch chunks. Place into a baking pan that will accommodate them all. Toss with the olive oil, honey and lemon; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for one to 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally. They will be golden and soft when done.
- Serve on a tortilla with guacamole and salsa.