Good lemonade can be so refreshing and delicious. I remember back when I was in high school we’d go to Red Robin and always had glasses of their unlimited Strawberry Lemonade. My tastes have evolved from then. I thought, why not take strawberry lemonade and make it into a great modern cocktail? Modern cocktails always need a fresh herb. Strawberry and basil are great friends, and so they work so well together. Throw all these ingredients together, add some vodka (or gin) and you have a marriage made in heaven. Try my Strawberry Basil Marriage in Heaven cocktail tonight and you’ll want to enjoy it all summer.
- 2 large fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 basil leaf, torn into pieces
- 1 slice of lemon, cut into quarters
- 2 ounces lemonade
- 1 ½ ounce vodka or gin
- In a martini shaker or even a glass mason jar, add strawberries, basil, lemon, lemonade and enough ice to fill an old fashioned glass. Shake vigorously and pour contents into the old-fashioned glass. Stir in vodka or gin and top with more ice.
- If you like a sweeter cocktail you can add a 1/2 ounce of simple syrup as well.