Spring salads are the best because you can find wonderful tender and fresh baby vegetables at the markets. There is so much fresh produce this time of year from which to choose. My spring salad is all about fresh ingredients — I like to include fresh English peas, fresh pea pods and tender pea shoots. If you can’t find any of these, use what you can find that is fresh and tender. The salad is dressed with a creamy honey Dijon dressing that really folds in the flavors of spring.
Use these ingredients as a baseline and include your favorite spring veggies along with the dressing and you’ll really taste the season on your plate.
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- These ingredients are a guide and I didn’t include recipe amounts — use veggies (these or others) and quantities to suit your own taste.
- English peas
- pea pods
- pea shoots
- green onions
- butter lettuce
- toasted almonds
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Chop and dice all ingredients, tear the lettuce into bite size pieces and toss all together in bowl with dressing.
- I like to serve the tossed salad on a full leaf or two of butter lettuce for a nice presentation.
Leave a Reply