Salty Sweet Cookies
A couple weeks ago we were invited to a few dinner parties and I was asked to bring dessert. I was busy so I wanted to make something that I could just bake once and could take to both parties. Cookies were the solution, but what flavor? So I headed to my baking freezer to see what ingredients I had on hand. I realized I had small amounts of everything, and I had 1/2 a bag of pretzels that my friend Roberta had brought over. That is how my Salty Sweet Cookies were developed.
I have baked these a few times to work out any flaws in the recipe and I think they are perfect now. Give them a try and post photos, tag with the hashtag #shaunmyrick
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 2 full cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups smashed pretzels
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugars till combined and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add in the eggs and yolk one at a time, until combined. Add the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda. Gently add to the bowl of the mixer and mix till just combined, scrape down bowl as needed.
- With mixer on low add in the pretzel crumbs. Mix till combined. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in all the chips.
- Prepare two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Scoop* 12 scoops out per sheet. Bake in oven for 9 minutes, remove from oven and let sit for 2 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.
- *I use a 1.5 inch ice cream scoop.
Happy #NationalChocolateChipCookieDay 🍪🍪🍪 . . I think the best chocolate chip cookies always have a salty element to help balance out the flavors. . . The other day I created an ultimate delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie, with 3 types of chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, & White Chocolate. I then threw in some butterscotch chips for another dimension. Lastly I crushed up 2 cups of pretzels and added them to the mix. . . These flavors took the normal chocolate chip cookie to the next level, so yummy! Gotta do one more trial and then the recipe will be up on the Shaun Blog! . . @theochocolate @seattlechoc @kingarthurflour @ghirardelli . . . . #eatdessertfirst #cookies #cookiesofinstagram #cookiegram #chocolatechipcookies #imsomartha #thebakefeed #bakefromscratch #todayfood #mywilliamssonoma #kitchn #huffposttaste #foodandwine #homebaker #sweets #dessert #instadessert #yummy #baking #ilovetobake #thefeedfeed #foodgawker #huffposttaste #tastingtable #baker #ghirardelli #foodie #yummyfood #chocolatechip
Leave a Reply