This is my version of cranberry sauce and it’s always a hit at every holiday table, from Thanksgiving to New Years. This recipe makes a large batch and it keeps well in the fridge, so you can enjoy it throughout the season. I love to can little jars of this sauce — they make great gifts.
Try my recipe for Pear Cranberry Sauce this holiday season. It tastes great on baked Brie — great for cocktail parties — or even warm over vanilla ice cream.
- 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup of honey
- 24 ounces cranberries (about 2 packages)
- 4 Bosc pears
- Rinse, peel and core pears; cut into small cubes. Grate zest from both oranges and then juice the oranges. Add enough water to make 1 cup of liquid.
- In a large enough pan over high heat, mix orange juice, zest, sugar and cinnamon sticks until sugar dissolves (2-3 minutes). Stir in honey and pears and mix to combine. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Stir occasionally until pears are just tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries and cook, stirring occasionally until the cranberries begin to pop (6-8 minutes).
- Remove from pan, cool before placing in the fridge.