Come on baby. Let’s do the Cranberry Peppermint Twist!
The holiday season means it’s time to party. When you’re entertaining family and friends, why hot have a special holiday cocktail ready to pair with the standard wine and beer? I came up with this twist on the traditional Cosmopolitan. Here is my recipe for a Cranberry Peppermint Twist.
Cranberry Peppermint Twist
Write a review
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce cranberry juice *
- 1/2 ounce peppermint schnapps
- crushed candy canes (for the rim of the glass)
- Small candy canes for garnish
- Shake the vodka, cranberry juice and peppermint schnapps with ice in a martini shaker.
- Crush a few candy canes until finely crushed.
- Place some water in a shallow bowl and dip rim of glass and then dip into crushed candy canes.
- Pour drink in glass and place a small candy cane over the edge for garnish!
- *I used frozen concentrate cranberry juice. The can calls for diluting it with 3 cans of water; I only use 1 can of water. This gives the juice a sweeter more full flavor and there is no need for any extra sugar. If you’d like it less sweet, add more water to the cranberry juice, or you can buy a non-concentrated juice.
Shaun Myrick http://www.shaunmyrick.com/
Leave a Reply