Bacon Cranberry Mushrooms
Mushrooms are terrific for parties. They’re wonderful finger foods all contained in their own “bowl” and they can be stuffed with a variety of ingredients. And, who doesn’t love bacon?
Pair these with a nice red wine — I matched this mushrooms with an excellent red blend from The Walls Vineyards (see more below).
A little prep time and a little oven time go a long way because these mushrooms are sure to provide a quick, easy appetizer and the “wow” factor for your next get together.
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- ½ pound good quality bacon, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup craisins
- Mayonnaise to bind
- Salt & Pepper
- 20 cremini mushrooms
- olive oil
- Start by cooking the bacon, lay it on a foil lined baking sheet. Cook in a 375 degree oven until it’s crispy. Remove from oven and lay the bacon on paper towels so that it drains the grease off. Chop coarsely.
- Place the shallot and bacon in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until minced. Remove to a bowl and stir in the panko, parmesan, raisins, and enough mayo to bind it all together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle more Parmesan on top of each cap.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve warm or at room temperature
These stuffed mushrooms paired perfectly with the Walls Vineyards Stanley Groovy. The Stanley Groovy is a Portugese style red blend. I found the wine to be a bit ‘hot’ meaning the alcohol really came thru so the tartness of the cranberry helped balance everything out, while the bacon really boosted the flavors of the wine.
Leave a Reply