The flavors of the classic sausage in a homemade burger!
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds smashed lightly
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds smashed lightly
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard seeds smashed lightly
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds smashed lightly
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
Make the pork mixture
Mix all spices with the ground pork. Let rest in fridge for up to a day to let flavors mix.
Form into patties to your desired size, I found making them thinner makes for easier to eat on the bun.
Cooking the patties
Grill or pan fry, or oven bake until done, which is 160degrees internal temperature.
Serve on fresh potato buns, along with grainy mustard, mayo, and sauerkraut!